Who We Help
We help people that are completely committed to adoption and those just beginning to explore adoption. We help people concerned about one specific area of adoption, and people concerned about EVERY area of adoption. If we feel our services are not a match for you, we will refer you to another professional who can better fit your needs.
HOW it works
Clients that contact The Adoption Insider receive a free consultation to assess whether The Adoption Insider is the right fit. We then work with clients to identify their individual needs and create personalized services plans. Most of our consulting work is done in-person but we are available to work via Skype, phone and other mobile platforms.
Common Questions explored
- What type of adoption is right for me?
- How can I prepare myself for the many aspects of adoption?
- Do all adoption professionals work the same way?
- I have already committed to a professional or agency. How can I maximize my prospects of being matched?
- What is the difference between an agency adoption and an independent/private adoption?
- What are the best strategies for a successful adoption?
- What exactly is an open adoption?
- Where do I find community and support from those in the same stage of the adoption journey?
- How can I be creative about financing my adoption?
- What should I do to prepare for my home study?
- Individualized Adoption Planning and Strategy for Prospective Adoptive Parents
- Resources and Information Targeting Various Aspects of Adoption
- Ongoing Support Before, During and After Adoption Milestones
- Birth Parent Advocacy and Support
- Post Adoption Contact Agreement Mediation, Drafting and Review
- Free Initial Consult and Intake Questionnaire Review
The Adoption Insider was founded by Carra Grenberg, attorney and adult adoptee. Carra has been working in the adoption community for more than a decade and has assisted hundreds of people navigate many types of adoptions. She holds a B.A. from Washington University in St. Louis and graduated summa cum laude from the John Marshall Harlan Scholars Program at New York Law School with a focus on public interest law. She is a member of the Family Law Section of the California State Bar, and speaks at events and seminars throughout the country.